Skip to main content

How Home Insurance Can Protect You From Premise Liability Lawsuits

Someone slips and falls in your home, or you or someone living in the home unintentionally causes bodily harm or property damage to someone or their property. These events could result in financial loss due to medical bills or replacement costs for damaged items. Ask your Koverage Insurance Group agent to help you protect your Enfield, CT business with home insurance and prevent these incidents.

What Is Liability Insurance for Your Home?

Liability insurance is part of your home insurance policy. It covers damages caused by people on your policy. The liability portion of your coverage also includes the cost of a lawsuit if the incident results in a lawsuit. This is helpful if a judgment forces you to pay for medical bills, property damage, and other costs related to the covered peril. 

Types of Coverage

There are two main types of coverage, bodily injury, and property damage.

Bodily injury is a kind of liability insurance. It pays expenses related to someone who is hurt on your property. This could include someone slipping on the icy sidewalk outside your home. Bodily injury liability and medical payments cover medical costs associated with a covered peril. Medical payments take care of necessary medical expenses for non-residents injured in or around your home.

This coverage typically includes the following:

  • Medical and surgical expenses
  • Ambulance
  • Dental work
  • X-rays
  • Hospital costs
  • Prosthetics
  • Professional nursing
  • Funeral services

Property damage is another part of your home insurance liability coverage. This covers damage to someone’s property. It would cover your expenses if your child threw a baseball through a window or damaged an expensive vase.

Koverage Insurance Group can help you protect your Enfield, CT home. Call today to book an appointment and get a free quote for home insurance, including premises liability.

Close Menu